Senior Software Engineer (VR Generalist) at Supernatural (Greater LA Area, CA)
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times, Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Software Engineer (VR Generalist), you’ll be guiding the architecture of our VR client application and technical implementation of various features that will springboard Supernatural to being the health and fitness experience of choice for everyone. Working with fellow engineers, you will push the boundaries of what's achievable on mobile VR headsets and optimize and scale the application for our rapidly growing user base. Together with engineering leadership and product/project management, you will help determine the best approach to add to a world-class live application on an ongoing basis. You bring deep and broad software development expertise, and have a passion for mentoring teammates and reviewing each others' contributions to constantly raise the bar for the team.
What you'll do
- First and foremost, help us deliver innovative solutions to drive the advancement of our live products at scale
- Guide and evolve the architecture of the application for extensibility and maintainability
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high-performance code on time and to spec, while ensuring high-quality contributions across the team
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentor team members and share your expertise to level up the team
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or work experience
- 8 or more years working in an engineering environment relevant to the listed responsibilities
- A proven track record of leading the development of a live product operating successfully at scale
- Broad experience across all aspects of connected mobile app development
- Extensive experience integrating with Android platform services
- Professional Unity, Unreal, or game engine development experience and expertise with C#/C++/Java
- Understanding of 3D applications and asset management
- Experience building complex UI and state machines
- Experience building app architectures for dynamic content updates
Extra points for
- Experience developing for VR headsets
- Familiarity with the modern .NET ecosystem outside of Unity
Where you’ll be
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
The base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $160,000 annually. Base pay is one part of Within’s total compensation package, which also includes benefits such as health insurance, equity, bonus incentive programs, company perks and more. While this range may provide a helpful estimate of expected pay for this position, it does not take into account individual factors that may influence pay such as experience, qualifications, skillset, location, education and other business critical needs.
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.