Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead) at Convoso (Remote)
Who We Are:
Convoso is a provider of omnichannel contact center software which dramatically increases customers' contact and lead conversion rates. We back the power of our advanced dialer with the human touch of a dedicated product expert. This invaluable combination delivers higher conversions with less outreach.
We are also relaunching an advanced version of our conversational AI product to provide enhanced capabilities for our current customers and bring the technology to new markets.
Convoso is looking for people who are excited about the future to join us in the fast growing and innovative field of IVA/AI, as well as motivated team players ready to jump in as we work together to drive our company’s accelerated growth. (Just a heads up - we were selected as one of the Built In LA best places to work in 2020, 2021 and 2022!)
We are dedicated to helping each person grow into their position and throughout their career. Convoso’s new-hire and on-going training programs provide our employees with the resources and time to set them up for success. Our friendly team, located in office, hybrid and remote, is built on a culture of fostering team integrity and provides guidance to ensure every person thrives in their new role.
Convoso currently operates in a ‘Hybrid’ environment for most roles with some opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). For remote positions, Convoso is open to hiring candidates who are residents of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, NC, NJ, NV, OH,TX, UT PA.
At Convoso, we’re constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for … a Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead) who is responsible for leading a development feature and initiatives, and responsible for the quality of its technical deliverables. Their responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code and ultimately to building high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Stepping into this very challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a steep learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, architect, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions.
- Translate Business and User needs into technical requirements and socialize architectural designs to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and maintain design documents, including ERDs and Technical Governance standards
- Accelerate the entire build-test-deploy cycle from months to minutes; build upon Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices to transform and automate the delivery of high-quality software.
- Evolving the technical direction of the services.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Ensuring the correct operation of the services that your team owns.
- Working with your team members to manage the day-to-day development activities.
- Career development of engineers on your team.
- Helping hiring engineers for your team.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience with PHP/Python frameworks as Symfony
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration.
- Experience with Node.js (TypeScript is a plus).
- Experience with NoSQL (Redis/Memcached).
- Web service integration using technologies such as REST, XML, JSON
- Technical experience required with the following: Linux, Apache/NGINX/Haproxy web servers, PHP, MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration
- Extensive Object-Oriented programming experience.
- Experience with Unit/Functional testing.
- Experience working with additional languages is a plus (Node.js, Python, C/C++, Perl, etc.).
Work Perks Worth The Hype:
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- 100% covered premiums for employees; Medical, Dental, Basic life insurance, Long term disability
- Affordable Vision plan and optional FSA
- PTO, Paid Sick Time, Holidays, Bereavement time, Parental Leave
- Your birthday off
- 401k program with generous company match
- No cost Employee Assistance Program and Travel Assistance
- Monthly Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly credits toward food & beverage
- Leadership Development Program
- Company Outings
- On and offsite team building events
- Paid training for departments
- Apple laptop (most roles)
- And a team of highly experienced and kind colleagues!
- Casual office environment & dress
- Daily catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen (Dietary restriction-friendly)
- Happy Hours
- Monthly Massages
- On-site Car Wash
- Free Parking
Your California Privacy Rights