Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails: Financials)
Procore Construction Financials is revolutionizing a $1T industry. We are building the first new financial control software available to construction leadership in 20 years, and the first built for the cloud. It’s used by the largest construction firms in America to manage their smart contracts, invoicing, budgeting, forecasting, and change management. As our team, product, and transaction volume have grown considerably, we are looking for experienced engineers to help us continue to scale.
We are looking for engineers who have led or held significant responsibility for the design and implementation of cloud-based corporate or personal finance, payment, accounting, or similar software handling large data and/or traffic loads. We place a heavy emphasis on collaboration and the desire and ability to work with clients to understand their needs.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Own the architecture and code of your team’s corner of the application and drive improvements to performance, security, reliability, scalability, and flexibility
- Effectively collaborate with a cross-functional team of Product, Quality, UX, and Engineering to deliver products that meet customers’ needs and help us grow
- Be a great team player by mentoring junior engineers on engineering best practices and software development
- Educate teams on the particular concepts, architectures, and technologies used in financial systems
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience following best practices in a dynamically or statically typed language such as Ruby, Java
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with an MVC framework and cloud/SaaS software development
- Experienced in Agile development and the typical web development lifecycle
- Familiarity with our underlying technologies: Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.