Senior Software Engineer (Reputation)
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
How you will contribute:
A well-managed reputation optimizes practice prominence in search results, is highly influential to patients when choosing a practice, and helps practices uncover actionable feedback that can be used to improve the patient experience. You will build and enhance features that help our practices improve their patient’s experience and take control of their online reputation.Our tech stack:
- Language: Python 3, Node.js, ES6
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask, Vue.js
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
- 4+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Python or Java using frameworks like Spring or Django
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ) is highly desired
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and nonrelational (Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- Experience with a shared component design using controller-based patterns highly desired
- Experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile/Lean environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members highly desired
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- You love working with some of the best world class engineers, product managers and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Dog friendly
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- 2 Blocks from the beach and next to the promenade
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.