Senior Software Engineer (Python)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Senior Software Engineer- (Python)
The SpaceX Enterprise Information Systems team develops the software to build rockets and power all aspects of SpaceX.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team working on our Python-based test infrastructure. You will contribute to the framework used to test many of our hardware components, the vehicle software as well as the integrated vehicle itself.
- Own all aspects of product development
- Act as responsible engineer for assigned products
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Deep dive into your customers’ problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, OR 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- 2+ years of experience with Python and Python based development frameworks
- Professional experience with both back end and front end programming
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in web applications development
- 5+ years of experience as an architect - proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming
- Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.