Senior Software Engineer - Platforms
Greater LA Area
The mission of the Platform Engineering Team at Next Trucking is to provide product platform APIs, delivery pipeline tools, and infrastructure that enable the application development teams to deliver product and value to our customers rapidly, reliably, and painlessly.
In this role, you will be building the platform technology and infrastructure that drives Next Trucking's product delivery. Creating reliable, performant, and scalable services requires deep technical expertise and a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals. You will be applying this expertise to build the platform on which all of Next Trucking's applications are built. You will be working cross-functionally within engineering and product to align the technology being built with the product strategy and vision by establishing best practices, demonstrating technical leadership, and build high performant APIs. You will expand and mature our software delivery pipeline to support an ever growing team of engineers. You will be joining a mission driven team that values getting things done, learning, and building a strong engineering focused culture.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the craft of software development. This person has been a multiplier for engineering teams and has a track record of delivering exceptional technical solutions in a fast-paced high growth software company. This person thrives in a start-up environment where every individual has a significant impact on the technology and is empowered to make decisions and get things done.
**Remote work is OK**
- 7+ years of full stack engineering experience.
- Track record of delivering products within a service oriented, microservice, or other modern architecture.
- Meaningful hands-on experience leveraging cloud infrastructure, implementing or utilizing CI/CD pipelines or operational tooling for large software systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members.
- Motivated by a sense of urgency and ownership.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science.
- Proven track record of delivering event streaming architectures.
- Hands-on experience in operating software systems in AWS.
- Engaged in the open source software community.
- Strong sense of customer empathy.
- In love with coding.
Next Trucking Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary and Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $125M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
Read Full Job Description