We’re looking for truly exceptional Senior engineers who are ready to tackle an endless, important feature list, and do it at an intimidating scale. Someone, who’s proficient in both infrastructure and public API development.
Imagine Lollapalooza or a hot Yankees game in the middle of summer if you couldn’t buy a beer...unacceptable. The stuff you’ll work on has a very real impact, and our customers will love you or hate you for what you deliver. What you build matters here.
You should be able to operate without much direction, but be excited to work closely with a team. We want developers who are opinionated about smart ways to build, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. You should want to take ownership of the features you build...you’re shipping to customers, not just completing story points. We’re looking for developers who care deeply about the quality of their code...it impacts your fellow devs, your company, and your customers. QA can and will help, but ultimately, you embrace the fact that the quality of what you ship is your responsibility.
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture. Your friends will be jealous when you tell them about your day at work. What are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
- Build and ship clean, performant, scalable, secure, quality software that exceeds customer expectations...own your code, cradle to grave.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, development, and delivery of Appetize products, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Work with Product, Quality, DevOps and Ops to ensure that we deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues.
- Collaborate closely with local, nearshore and offshore engineering and ops...we’re all one team.
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements.
- Be a technical thought-leader among your peers to constantly improve how we work.
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great!
- Proficient knowledge of Golang. Experience in using GRPC
- 6+ years of proven software development experience in high level programming languages inlcuding but not limited to: C#, Java, C++, Golang
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in building Web Application, SaaS products, and RESTful APIs
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and architecture
- Experience in service-oriented architecture
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows
- Experience as a technical influencer for highly scalable distributed system designs
- Ability (and desire!) to write unit and integration tests
- Good knowledge of version control tools, and experience collaborating with a large team of developers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!