We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times! Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
The impact you’ll make:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a force multiplier on a team responsible for delivering a high quality mobile companion app experience to Supernatural members. The ideal candidate brings strong skills in writing clean, high performance code, while maintaining a scalable and stable codebase.
Along with solid software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for working with product, design and peer engineering teams to continually raise the bar of the Supernatural experience.
What you'll do:
- Help deliver innovative solutions to drive the advancement of our live products at scale
- Stay informed on and adapt to rapidly evolving mobile development ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high performance code on time and to spec
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentoring team members, maintaining and promoting codebase quality
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Three or more years of Android development experience and five or more years working in engineering
- Expert level knowledge in Kotlin and Android development ecosystem
- Experience with architecture patterns like MVVM
- Experience with using Dagger, Retrofit, Android Jetpack Components and other modern libraries to build high performance, scalable Android apps
- A proven track record of shipping and working on live Android apps operating successfully at scale
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to break down technical concepts for non-technical team members
Bonus points for:
- Swift and iOS development experience
- Unity and C# development experience
- Reactive programming experience
- Good understanding of UX/UI design
- Passionate about VR/AR and fitness
Where you’ll be:
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.