Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Mission Capabilities team, you own the architecture and deployment of software solutions that support specific customer missions.
Your efforts ensure that Anduril products seamlessly work together to achieve a variety of critical outcomes. Sentry Towers, Ghost Drones, Dust, Flux, and Catalyst are just a few of the Anduril products you leverage and extend to support capabilities such as Base Protection, Maritime Domain Awareness, and Counter Drone.
You expand the meaning of ‘full stack developer’ as you touch backend and frontend cloud components as well as distributed edge compute and raw sensors. Some days you write code to add a mission-critical feature to an existing product. Some days you go to the field to coordinate real-world testing of your new feature with other supporting product teams. Some days everything works beautifully. Some days nothing works and you have to figure out what’s broken.
As a mission capability evolves from crazy-idea to demo to pilot to program of record, you advance the software solution to the appropriate level of functionality and robustness. You report into the engineering organization so that gaps are not just duct-taped over but actually fixed at the core.
Through every stage, you collaborate with and are supported by a variety of teams in engineering, operations, and business development. You make messy real world data understandable with the Perception team. You may temporarily embed in a product team or developers from other teams may embed with you in the Mission. SREs, Customer Success, and Technical Operations work closely with you to scale deployment setup, monitoring, and support. You work closely with account managers, product managers, and product teams to prioritize limited resources across ambitious goals and timelines.
- Own the software solutions that are deployed to customers
- Write code to improve products and scale the mission capability to more customers
- Collaborate across multiple teams to plan, build, and test complex functionality
- Create and analyze metrics that are leveraged for debugging and monitoring
- Triage issues, root cause failures, and coordinate next-steps
- Empathize with end-users to turn needs into features while balancing user experience with engineering constraints
- Travel up to 30% of time to build, test, and deploy capabilities in the real world
- Strong engineering background from industry or school, ideally in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- 1+ years building software solutions involving significant amounts of data processing/analysis
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate complex systems and established code bases
- Leadership experience a plus
- A desire to work on critical software that has a real-world impact
Technologies we use
- Front end: TypeScript and React
- Backend systems: Go
- Sensor fusion and device integration: C++
- Build tooling: Nix/CMake/Cargo
- Deployment tooling: NixOS/Kubernetes
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!