Senior Software Engineer (Java / Scala)
Surf’s up at MomentFeed! Be part of the Mobile Marketing Wave of the Future. At MomentFeed, we’re looking for the brightest people to help us innovate! Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, one block from the beach and world famous Santa Monica pier. MomentFeed is helping some of the biggest brands in the world (you’ve heard of Starbucks and Sephora, right?) take advantage of mobile.
Since 2010, we’ve built a cloud-based platform that allows marketers to engage mobile consumers across search, social, reputation and paid channels, all within a single solution. Our products work together to drive more measurable foot traffic to our clients’ business locations, higher rates of customer loyalty, and more visibility across search and social. MomentFeed achieves this by combining our unique, location-first approach with strong partnerships with the top tech companies including Google, Facebook, Yelp and Apple.
You can be an integral part of the team that continues to lead the way in building location-based marketing solutions and was recently named as one of the fastest growing companies in America on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500.
- 5+ years in a software development role building cloud based applications for Enterprise class businesses
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in server side coding in Scala
- 3+ years’ experience Restful API Development against social media API’s such as Twitter,Facebook, Google, Yelp, etc (extra points for Facebook experience)
- 2+ years with Microservices Development
- Experience building scalable 24/7 systems capable for processing significant volumes of data
- Experience working in an Agile team environment and possessing excellent communication skills to aid in effective collaboration with Engineering teammates, Product Management, Tech Support, and DevOps.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Leadership and mentoring experience with junior team members
- Marketing Applications experience
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Architectural Design
- Experience with Databases (MongoDB, Postgres)
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Healthcare and Wellness benefits
- Flexible time off
- Transportation benefits for drivers, bikers, and public transit-takers