Senior Software Engineer, Internal Services
Greater LA Area
Hush is looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join our Internal Services team!
We are looking for someone who is excited to tackle tough, multi-faceted challenges and has the drive to work on a wide array of products and projects.
The Internal Services team builds the systems and services that power the internal operations of Hush. We get excited about helping to solve problems for fellow Hush team members, and our passionate about working on a diverse range of products.
Check out our team!
What you’ll do
- Work on the internal backend services that power Hush’s operations.
- Write, test and release production ready code.
- Collaborate closely with every other team in the company. You’ll build the tools they use on a day to day basis.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
What you’ll need
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience with Go, Java, C++ or Python (Go preferred)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other RDBMS. (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with real-time data and back-end technologies. (example: experience processing Kafka streams)
- Be deeply interested in the long-term view. Yes, we need to deliver value rapidly, but our problem domain will grow dramatically over time. Figure out where we need to be in a year and identify how we'll get there incrementally, while helping us manage and constrain technical debt and other forms of unnecessary complications which will in the long run serve us poorly.
- To be a quick learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies. As a startup, and we have a lot of problem domains that need to be worked on, and you should have the ability and drive to adapt accordingly.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Experience developing services using gRPC, Thrift or other RPC standard.
- Experience with protocol buffers.
- Experience with AWS services, in particular DynamoDB.
- Experience with Bazel/Make/Buck/Pants
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Spinnaker
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Consistent team-wide events planned by our 'Fun Committee' :)
Hush is the top social shopping app in the United States.
We're a Series-B stage startup backed by Goldman Sachs, Index Ventures, and Y-Combinator. We are a DTLA-based collaborative team that takes a strong stance on technology, and pride ourselves on the wide scopes of ownership + impact + visibility that we all possess.
Our goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and focused on excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we are committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Read Full Job Description