Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure/DevOps at Renew Health - CLOSED
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
- Design and implement core infrastructure services to be leveraged by application teams, e.g. service discovery, inter-service networking/routing, load balancing
- Architect, scale, and maintain a secure, HIPAA-compliant, and service-oriented system architecture in AWS
- Participate in code reviews, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug live production systems
- Work with engineers to identify development process bottlenecks and opportunities for continuous improvement of software deployment systems
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Linux systems and cloud infrastructure management experience
- Living near or willing to relocate to Los Angeles area
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure), preferably AWS
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure management tools, preferably Terraform
- Familiarity with Docker and cloud-based container services, preferably ECS/Fargate
- Familiarity with monitoring and instrumentation strategies for microservice-based architecture (e.g. implementing toolsets like Datadog, AppDynamics, ELK-based frameworks)
- Familiarity with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and systems
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Familiarity with Data Infrastructure patterns (ETL pipelines, columnar datastores, data lake architecture)
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices, ideally with experience in a highly regulated industry like healthcare or finance