Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Greater LA Area
Our mission at GOAT is to create a trusted platform for buying and selling sneakers safely. We’re looking for a Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer to join our small DevOps team. In this role you will help develop our cloud-native infrastructure and services that support GOAT's engineering teams to scale their applications that serve millions of users worldwide. We’re looking for an engineer that is very product driven and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Improve our internal PaaS that allows teams to manage their own applications
- Design core infrastructure and platform components for a fast-growing start-up
- Scale for capacity and traffic spikes of 10x normal load during high-volume events
- Implement defenses against security threats, bots, and malicious actors
- Enhance our chat-based deployment, build, and orchestration systems
- Be on call for the rare infrastructure-level issues that haven’t already been automated
- Automate infrastructure so that pager escalations continue to be rare
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on infrastructure and cloud architecture
- Extensive experience managing complex technical architecture deployed to AWSStrong professional experience with AWS (Cloudformation is a plus)
- Strong programming skills, i.e. Go, Python, Ruby
- Experience reading shell and deciphering build scripts
- Experience running Docker in production
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of Postgres, Redis, Memcache, and ElasticSearch are a plus
- Experience evaluating and using open source solutions that fit business needs
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description