Senior Software Engineer - Growth at Cameo
Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
The Growth Product team is the fastest shipping team at Cameo. Growth launches experiments to impact our activation, retention, and engagement metrics. Work includes launching product features that make it easier for customers to find the talent they are looking for, seamlessly onboarding our talent, building the infrastructure that supports scalable experimentation, and so much more.
We're looking for rockstar engineers who have paved the way in their current roles - establishing scalable processes, working on groundbreaking products, and driving massive growth. We're going to grow quickly and have a lot of fun along the way.
About The Role:
As a senior engineer and leader on the Growth team, you will be responsible for owning growth projects start to finish. You’ll be architecting projects and working closely with product and design to come up with the best possible approach. You should be launching code as new experiments and iterating based on results.
You will help us build the infrastructure and products to help Cameo scale and bring unforgettable experiences to even more fans. You will work across web, mobile app, email, and push.
As a full stack software engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies, our frontend (React/Redux site, React-Native app), as well as our backend (node.js) and database (mongoDB).
- You are motivated to drive scalable growth through implementing and maintaining the services that power product and communications
- You are excited to contribute engineering input, feedback, and ideas into product ideation and planning
- You take pride in your work and have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
Things we hope you'll bring to the table:
- Comfortable with A/B testing, email, and push messaging infrastructure, we'd love it if you have been a part of a growth team before!
- Has been a team lead, comfortable mentoring engineers on the team.
- 4+ years work experience in engineering
- JS Testing (Jest, Enzyme, Appium, etc)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Experience scaling a website and/or a mobile app to millions of users
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.