Stem enables independent artists to build their businesses. Our tools empower indie musicians and their teams to distribute music, collect royalties from streaming platforms, pay their collaborators, and take out advances on their future earnings.
This role is full-time and fully remote.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the design and development of our lending, payments and royalties system
- Build the interfaces used by our artists and their teams to manage content and earnings
- Collect earnings data and allocate payments to joint royalty shareholders
- Build the system to underwrite, originate and recoup advances
- Design and build tools for analyzing, reporting, and visualizing earnings data
- Integrate with external payments and accounting systems
- Produce schema design, information architecture, and data presentation features
- Write well-tested code
- Mentor other engineers
- Help indie musicians stay indie, by bringing fintech to music!
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 5 or more years of development experience
- Worked in fintech
- A connection with artists, writers, makers, or other imaginative creators
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Diverse views and experience, as well as a tendency to include others
- An empathetic attitude
- An instinct to encourage collaboration and team-building
- Experience mentoring others and a desire to have mentors
Technologies we use:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Git, AWS, Docker, Terraform, GCP, Apache Airflow
Don’t match all of the skills listed here but think you’re a good fit anyway? Let us know!
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**