Senior Software Engineer, Front-end
Tradesy provides a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion to savvy customers. We help our customers feel empowered and enable them to unlock the value in their closet, so that they can access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe, and stylish as retail—at scale.
The Senior Software Engineer works closely with other engineers, designers and product owners to develop beautiful, fast, extensible, maintainable, accessible and robust web applications. A Senior Front-end Engineer is someone who has been exposed to multiple modern web frameworks and libraries. He or she has worked on applications and teams of different levels of complexity and size. A Senior Engineer is not intimidated by poorly written code; on the contrary, a Senior Engineer finds a path forward that makes the application better. Leads the team to constant improvement and knows how to make the appropriate trade-offs when making technology or coding decisions.
This role is responsible for mentoring less experienced engineers through excellent code reviews, 1:1 coaching and pair programming, using the best coaching tool for the situation.
- Been involved in large re-platforming or web application re-writes.
- Been involved in writing extensive web applications with complex dependencies and infrastructure.
- The ability to provide multiple technical approaches with pros, cons and tradeoffs to collaboratively make decisions with team mates and product owner/sponsors.
- The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design.
- Isomorphic or universal application development a plus.
- The Ability to optimize above the fold content and TTI.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys mentorship. Coaching is the defacto mode of operation.
- Is an excellent communicator. Knows how and when to apply different communication styles to effectively communicate ideas, technological approach, trade-offs, etc…
- Is a leader and a positive influence for the team.
- Is a major advocate of testing. Works closely with Software and QA Engineers to maintain excellent coverage of automated tests (unit, functional, integration and performance tests).
- Is extremely pragmatic and doesn’t get stuck with the technologies he or she has already experienced.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Stock options.
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K).
- Flexible PTO.
- Daily catered lunches.
- Dog friendly office.
- Tight knit team.