Senior Software Engineer, Development Tools
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tools to join our tribe of highly skilled engineers on our DevOps team. You’ll partner with our SRE, Data Services, Dev Tools, and Security groups to support over 2,300 cloud-based systems that power Procore.
As a member of our Developer Tools squad, you’ll join a team who take their craft serious but always remember to enjoy the pursuit of merging code with customer experience. You’ll maintain the infrastructure, scalability, and resilience of our build + deploy tooling. And use your mentoring skills to help guide our Application Developers on best practices in cloud-native architecture. To be successful in this role, you recognize and solve issues before they become a problem, have a strong understanding that automation is king, and proactively push boundaries in areas like self-healing conditions and alerts.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
Procore’s tech stack consists of Ruby on Rails, Apache, Nginx, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
What you’ll do:
- Strategize, build, and support tooling that boosts engineer productivity
- Research and develop new techniques to improve build stability and performance
- Help build and run a range of applications using containers
- Capacity planning, trending, and monitoring for all things in the build and release environments
- Generate and maintain code to automate common operational maintenance tasks
- Work with the team to produce deployment and implementation plans
- Analyze application and system configurations that support our test environments
- Code and development for our CI/CD pipelines
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 8+ years experience in Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with AWS RDS and orchestration tools, Hashicorp Technologies (Consul, Terraform, Vault, Packer), Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes), and Config Management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience working quickly, efficiently, with keen attention to detail at a fast-paced company where services are available 24/7/365
- Passion for programming, debugging code, and proactively resolving technical problems
- Experience with the cloud-native movement including containers, service meshes, and CI/CD
- Ability to work effectively in team environments, with leadership, and cross-functionally
- Passion for learning, training, and collaboration to solve an issue and advocate and more so own documentation
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and organize effectively, and make business-driven decisions under pressure
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.