Inspire’s Technology team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Consumers Apps & Services team, responsible for building Mobile, Web, and Services that focus on delivering customer value. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be a key decision-maker in the architecture and implement resilient, highly available systems. You will be an advocate, and a champion, for best API practices across the organization, and will partner closely with Product and Design to deliver features in a world-class utility management service.
THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utility Integrations: Leverage 3rd party APIs and web scraping technologies to extract consumer data from energy utilities.
- Billing Experience: Design, implement, and support a billing experience for Inspire’s members using Stripe or similar payment vendor integration.
- API Standards: Help define standards for consumer APIs across Inspire and evangelize best practices with engineers on various teams.
- Product Collaboration: Work closely with Product to understand the business requirements and collaborate early and often to deliver the right value / effort tradeoff.
- Takes Ownership: Feels deep ownership over tasks and systems, to ensure we build sustainable products
- Endlessly Curious: Always learning about new technologies, industry trends, etc. and applying them when applicable to technology stack and process.
- Shows Strong Leadership: Drives technology platform forward, and can mentor and level-up others on the team to build a world-class APIs
- Works Collaboratively: Works well cross-functionally with Product, Design, Marketing, Data Science, BD, and others to ensure alignment
- Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent education that provides a strong foundation in computer science (data structures, algorithms, compilers, processors, etc.)
- 4+ years of professional experience building building APIs, evented/queued systems, and other business related systems
- Strong understanding of HTTP, REST standards, backward compatibility, and other best practices for building consumer APIs
- Passionate about technology and interested in solving tough problems
- Nice to Have
- Experience implementing billing systems using payment vendor integrations such as stripe
- Experience with GO
- Experience with web scraping technology, such as puppeteer
- Experience with databases and ORMs