We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Backend team, you'll get to build highly scalable backend services to deliver the best freight shipping experience in the universe.
The ideal candidate for this role should have experience designing, building, and iterating on scalable back-end systems and critical business logic. We're looking for an engineer who shares our passion for delighting customers with incredible software. Our team works in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, so great communication skills and a willingness to take risks & push boundaries are a must.
What you'll get to do
- Investigate and evaluate new tools that support our fast paced development
- Architect systems and libraries that bridge infrastructure and product development
- Build for scalability as we quickly grow and expand our network from a few to many cities
- Build features to enhance our driver mobile app experience and build tools to enhance our sophisticated internal management system to help our operations team succeed
- Enable new paradigms for product teams (event-sourcing, streams)
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years in a Senior Software Engineer role at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Strong experience with a modern programming language
- Significant experience building scalable REST APIs and microservices to support mobile and web clients
- Experience writing comprehensive unit and integration tests
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment
- Not afraid to jump in and fix or extend open-source projects if required
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes (EKS) is a plus
- Experience working a tech startup is a plus
Technologies we're working with
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description