Senior Software Engineer - Backend Platform
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! A successful candidate will have strong technical skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
In this Backend Platform Engineer role, you will:
- Design, develop and operate scalable and resilient distributed services that run on Kubernetes or ECS to serve hundreds of millions of users around the world.
- Collaborate with various functional teams on the expansion of our backend platform.
- Influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder App and services.
- Recruit, inspire and develop team members.
We're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of industrial working experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and coding.
- Strong designing and building distributed backend systems handling high volumes of traffic.
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Passion to solve complex problems and make continuous improvements
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a backend language, like Java, Scala, Go, Node.js, etc.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in design and build user services and auth services
- Experience with cloud computing systems such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in design and development using NoSQL, such as DynamoDB or Cassandra
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Spark
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker containers along with Kubernetes or ECS
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches/dinners, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, on-site massages, and social events
- Modern and uplifting work environment in an ideal location