Senior Software Engineer, Back-end at Tradesy
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Software Engineer to work closely with other engineers, designers and product owners to develop reliable, performant, secure and scalable systems.
We are also migrating our systems, data warehouse and data pipelines to Google Cloud to take advantage of Google’s cutting edge technologies like BigQuery, Pub/Sub and Dataproc. We’re already leveraging the power of BigQuery and Google’s Data ecosystem in very interesting ways. If this is something that sounds exciting to you then you are the right candidate for us.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Lead engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
- Design solutions with multiple technical approaches, communicating pros, cons and tradeoffs to collaboratively make decisions with engineers, designers, product managers and stakeholders
- Work closely with Software and QA Engineers to maintain excellent coverage of automated tests (unit, functional, integration and performance tests)
- Participate in our migration from AWS to GCP
- Design and develop new Python services to support the migration away from our monolithic PHP application
- Establish best coding practices related to building RESTful APIs in Python and Django
- Mentor and set and example for junior and mid-level engineers
- Mastered one or more modern dynamic programming languages and paradigms (object-oriented, procedural, functional, event-driven, etc)
- Over 5 years of Python programming experience is required
- Experience with PHP is a plus
- Experience with either MySQL or Postgres is required
- Experience building RESTful services/APIs required; GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with Redis and/or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with RabbitMQ is a plus
- Experience with GCP managed services, such as CloudSQL or Datastore is a plus
- Experience building eCommerce/marketplace apps is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Tight knit team