Senior Software Engineer, Back-end
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Software Engineer to work closely with other engineers, designers and product owners to develop reliable, performant, secure and scalable systems.
We are also migrating our systems, data warehouse and data pipelines to Google Cloud to take advantage of Google’s cutting edge technologies like BigQuery, Pub/Sub and Dataproc. We’re already leveraging the power of BigQuery and Google’s Data ecosystem in very interesting ways. If this is something that sounds exciting to you then you are the right candidate for us.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Contribute to or lead engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
- Develop, support, monitor, and troubleshoot extensive web applications and services
- Work closely with Software and QA Engineers to maintain excellent coverage of automated tests (unit, functional, integration and performance tests)
- Design solutions with multiple technical approaches, communicating pros, cons and tradeoffs to collaboratively make decisions with engineers, designers, product managers and stakeholders
- Participate in our migration from AWS to GCP
- Participate in the re-platforming and redesign of our applications
- Rewrite parts of our existing PHP systems in Go
- 5+ years programming experience, PHP highly preferred
- Some exposure to Golang is preferred
- Ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design
- Experience building RESTful services/APIs required; GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with MySQL, Posgres, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch
- Experience with Google Cloud SQL/Datastore is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Competitive base salary plus meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Collaborative, fun team