Senior Software Engineer, Android
Greater LA Area
Hush is looking for a talented Sr. Android Engineer to join our fast growing team!
We are looking for someone who is excited to tackle tough, multi-faceted challenges and has the drive to work on a wide array of products and projects. The right engineer is someone who is passionate about the performance, design, and experience of mobile applications and values great design, smooth transitions, and great memory management.
Check out our team!
What you’ll do
- Work on the core Android experience that all Hush users consume
- Write, test and release production ready code
- Collaborate closely with other teams, in particular Product and Data Science, to develop innovative mobile experiences
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future
What you’ll need
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience (Master’s degree is a plus)
- At least 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- At least 4+ years building customer facing Android applications
- Experience developing reliable mobile applications with poor network connectivity in mind
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (animations, caches, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application
- Experience working on Android apps that make heavy use of animations
- Experience developing services using gRPC, Thrift or other RPC standard
- Experience with protocol buffers
- Experience with streaming video
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Consistent team-wide events planned by our 'Fun Committee' :)
Hush is the top social shopping app in the United States.
We're a Series-B stage startup backed by Goldman Sachs, Index Ventures, and Y-Combinator. We are a DTLA-based collaborative team that takes a strong stance on technology, and pride ourselves on the wide scopes of ownership + impact + visibility that we all possess.
Our goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and focused on excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we are committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Read Full Job Description