Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join the Engineering Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
The Sr. SDET will be working alongside a team of SDETs and QA Engineers to ensure the highest quality release of our products. This Sr. SDET will also be responsible for automated test development, manual testing and execution in cooperation with cross functional teams. We're looking for someone 100% hands-on that can help us expand our current team.
What You'll Do:
- Demonstrate and maintain a high bar for testing, documentation (writing test cases and creating test plans)
- Provide accurate time estimates for project components of moderate complexity
- Apply, develop, and maintain quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- Be a partner and collaborator to our engineering team
- Define and improve processes to ensure automation increases the development and is applied across the platforms
- Write complex SQL queries to validate the data integrity
- Mentor the junior team members and host training sessions when needed
- Own the code repository and maintain high code quality
- Have the ability to act as a tech lead for small teams
- 5+ years working as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Strong automation experience
- Strong programming and automation skills
- Working experience with at least one object-oriented language, such as Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent analytical and testing skills
- Master's Degree in Computer Science preferred
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.