Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Mobile
We're looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test to join Honey. This person will focus on delivering a high-quality iOS experience to Honey users. As a Senior Software Developer in Test, you'll have the opportunity to take ownership of Honey's automated testing and quality control pipeline for Honey's flagship iOS application. You can expect to work closely with engineers and product managers from several teams across the company. Your contribution to the iOS app will help Honey deliver a world-class shopping experience with unmatched savings.
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You want an opportunity to work with the latest technology platforms
- You like to start your work with asking “why” and “how”
- You like to break other people’s code and then help them debug
- You take pride in automating repetitive tasks, no matter how simple
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You have experience with JUnit or TestNG
- You have experience testing iOS mobile apps
- You know the difference between BDD and TDD and have experience with at least one
- You have experience with basic database queries (MySQL, Postgres, Mongo)
- You have comfort working on the command line
- You are comfortable creating test suites with minimal documentation
- You have a working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- You are able to provide accurate time estimates
- You managed your own time well
- You enjoy helping to improve quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- You want to own the code repository and are dedicated to maintaining high code quality
- You set high standards and hold others to those standards
About the Role:
- You’ll be working within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) and own the testing for backend components related to your product
- You’ll be architecting, designing, writing, reviewing, and testing code in a collaborative environment
- You’ll be leveraging your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 15+ million users
- You will work closely with your mission team to test your team’s products
- You’ll work closely with other QA Engineers and SDETs as a mentor
- You will be implementing automation to increase test coverage
- You will be making frequent contributions to Appium automation tests to our testing framework
- You’ll be building tools to support automated testing of your product
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.