Senior Software Developer (Backend)
Output is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our software development team, focusing on backend systems. The Senior Software Engineer will help architect stable systems for Output’s subscription products with an emphasis on scalability. He/she will be an integral member of the software development team, helping lead backend efforts and consulting with management on best practices and strategy.
- Design, develop, and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset, and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a core member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
- Must be experienced with Ruby and the Rails framework.
- Must be experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools, such as Heroku, AWS, and Cloudfront
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other modern RDBMS.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- Must be interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions