Dave is a challenger bank on a mission to put financial minds at ease by improving the cost, usability and accessibility of the legacy financial system. As the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks, Dave helps its seven million customers budget, find work, build credit, and access income to cover immediate expenses. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
- Design, build and maintain Dave’s core infrastructure.
- Help define Dave's best practices and teach your teammates how to use them moving forward.
- Use your knowledge of industry-standard tooling to help us build our first versions of infrastructure automation.
- Work with our Platform product managers to ensure important metrics are being tracked and monitored.
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our core services.
- Design and document load testing and performance testing strategies for our core services.
- Help us automate the boring things we are currently doing manually for our architecture.
- Join in and manage our production on-call rotation.
Experience Required & Desired Skills
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering Experience
- Experience programming in SQL (No-SQL is a plus)
- Experience managing large MySQL or PostgreSQL deployments
- Knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning tools
- Experience with distributed systems and the issues that comes with them
- Experience CI/CD pipelines and the relevant tooling such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI
- Working knowledge of GCP or an equivalent cloud provider
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building & working with caching layers such as Redis
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Voluntary life insurance plan
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.