Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
- Design, build and maintain Dave’s core infrastructure.
- Help define Dave's best practices and teach your teammates how to use them moving forward.
- Use your knowledge of industry-standard tooling to help us build our first versions of infrastructure automation.
- Work with our Platform product managers to ensure important metrics are being tracked and monitored.
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our core services.
- Design and document load testing and performance testing strategies for our core services.
- Help us automate the boring things we are currently doing manually for our architecture.
- Join in and manage our production on-call rotation.
Experience Required & Desired Skills
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering Experience
- Experience programming in SQL (No-SQL is a plus)
- Experience managing large MySQL or PostgreSQL deployments
- Knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning tools
- Experience with distributed systems and the issues that comes with them
- Experience CI/CD pipelines and the relevant tooling such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI
- Working knowledge of GCP or an equivalent cloud provider
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building & working with caching layers such as Redis
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.