Senior Security Engineer
Greater LA Area
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds the mobile, web, and backend technology that power the experience for buyers and sellers on our global marketplace platform.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to ensure that we are scaling securely and that appropriate protections are in place for our customer data.
As Senior Security Engineer, you're expected to:
- Champion excellence in practices and processes around security within the product and engineering organization
- Provide execution and thought leadership for threat monitoring processes and infrastructure
- Provide both technical and product insight in to US and international data privacy issues, and partner across functions to identify and mitigate risk areas (eg. CX, marketing, operations)
- Contribute technical solutions to auditing and compliance needs as they arise
- Design, build and maintain systems pertaining to privacy and security
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Work with engineers and product managers as a collaborative subject-matter expert
- Document and maintain processes for security/privacy operations and practices
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency coding in a Ruby, Python or Go
- Prior security or privacy experience with a large scale consumer application or marketplace
- Experience with threat modeling or risk assessments in the realm of application/data security
- Proficiency in databases (preferably PostgreSQL and/or Redshift)
- Experience with distributed systems specifically in an AWS environment (eg. DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3)
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Interest in writing thorough and clear documentation
- BS degree preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description