What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you’ll support our Platform Security team by managing the security and uptime of platform systems, ensuring the Procore platform is safe for our growing customer base around the world. You’ll work on complex platform security projects both independently and collaboratively in our agile environment. This role requires a strong background in security as it relates to platform infrastructure, application security, and other aspects of network/cloud infrastructure security. If you’re interested in becoming a foundational member of the Procore security team, setting the course for security within Procore for years to come —we’d like to hear from you.
This position will report to our Director of Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in any of our US office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and maintain tooling to secure self service infrastructure
- Develop and implement workflows to automate security testing/vulnerability detection for the software development lifecycle
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for PKI, secrets, secure networking, logging, and detection
- Scope and perform security reviews of web applications, mobile applications, and private and public cloud environments
- Think like an attacker to expose vulnerabilities and solve complex problems
- Conduct pen testing on our platform, apps, and infrastructure
- Help harden our infrastructure to avoid exploits and privilege escalation
- Foster a culture of security by leading security awareness and training while communicating vulnerabilities to other engineering teams
- Identify architectural deficiencies and implement vulnerability mitigation strategies to address them
- Produce research and collaborate with our peers in the broader cyber-security industry
What we are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 8+ years of security related experience
- 3+ years of experience in penetrating testing
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, IAM, network and security policies
- Experience automating security testing and developing new tools
- Basic project management skills, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members
- Technical certifications such as SANS GIAC, OCSP, and CISSP are a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.