Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation, such as agile development. We also deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP, and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: Design, simulate, build, and test RF products, including RF circuit boards. The main duties of this role will be to create new RF power amplifier module designs/merge existing designs into new RF boards, simulate an RF board design in ADS or equivalent CAD tool, and get the design fabricated, assembled, and tested.
- Design and build RF power amplifier modules
- RF amplifier modules range from low power all the way up to very high power, multi-kilowatt RF power out
- Design control and voltage inputs to power transistors such as Gallium Nitride
- Perform analysis of on-chip energy storage networks to source sufficient current and voltage to RF power amplifiers
- Perform Electromagnetic simulation using HFSS
- Simulate RF circuit board designs in ADS or equivalent CAD tool
- Perform schematic capture and layout of RF circuit board designs
- Manage vendors to get RF boards fabricated, assembled and sustained thru manufacturing
- Testing RF hardware boards
- BSEE with 8+ years of experience, MSEE with 4+ years of experience, or PHD with 2+ years of RF design experience
- Expertise in high power RF in test, simulation, and board design
- US Citizen and or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
- High volume RF Power amplifier module manufacturing
- Integration & test experience; participation in field testing
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description