Senior QA Engineer at sweetgreen
Over the next few years, we are expanding our restaurant + market footprint, as well as our digital penetration – to meet customers where they are. Aside from improving our customers’ and communities’ relationship with food, we are also changing the way they interact with the restaurants.
Online + app ordering revenue is increasing at a rate of ~50% year over year. Additionally, 44% of in-store payments were processed through the sweetgreen app in 2018. This is an incredible opportunity to join the company as we expand into new markets and new avenues of product delivery. Now is the time to accelerate sweetgreen’s growth, and in the process, radically transform the fast-casual restaurant industry.
A sweetgreen Senior QA Engineer plays a crucial role in vetting and validating our platforms and products. As a member of the team, they report to the QA manager and work hand in hand with engineers, product managers, delivery managers and business stakeholders. Validating our products and processes is a combination of both manual and automated testing.
It is expected that every member of the team work together to establish and define the tooling and process that best supports everyone. They should be passionate about solving difficult technical problems and building first class products.
- Write primarily JS-based automation test scripts for multiple applications including web, mobile (iOS, Android) and APIs
- Create and maintain test automation frameworks
- Perform code reviews of unit, integration, and end-to-end
- As someone using the products day in and out as part of testing, you’ll gain insights into issues or impediments that lead to a less than stellar experience for our users and team members.
- Participates in agile teams supporting company objectives + key results (OKRs). This includes providing guidance to product owners, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure that systems, applications, and documents are developed according to approved Software Development Life Cycle ('SDLC') requirements
- Help mentor QA Engineers and onboard new hires
- Help define standards and best practices for testing and automation
- 6+ years experience as a QA engineer
- In-depth familiarity with various software testing methodologies such as; unit, integration, functional, manual, load and regression
- Experience with accessibility and performance testing and tools, including pA11y, WAVE and WebPageTest
- Experience writing robust test cases and plans using TestRails, or similar tool
- Experience testing mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Experience testing single page applications (SPAs)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, GitHub and other debugging tools
- Strong understanding of all web browsers and different mobile device market share, versions, and functionality.
- Outstanding time management and prioritization
- Thrives in a fast-paced IT environment
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.