Senior Power Electronics Engineer
What You'll Do
- Will be the key individual in developing Motor Control and Battery Management Systems.
- Design and evaluate power electronic circuitry and select components according to requirements.
- Design and develop digital and analog electronics for the control of power electronics systems.
- Manage schematic capture and PCBA layout of all prototype electronics.
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform power electronics functional test and system integration.
- Work with other Electrical, Mechanical, and Validation Engineers in analysis, investigation and resolution of engineering problems.
- Create and construct working prototypes for validation.
What You'll Need
- Design experience with motors, motor controllers, power supplies, inverters / converters, and/or power electronics
- Prior professional experience with embedded electronics design containing microcontrollers, DSPs, programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD), memory, high speed signaling, MEMS sensors, etc
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field
- 4-9 years related work experience
- Digital, analog, power circuit design experience
- Microprocessor, microcontroller experience
- System level design abilities
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) & Design for test (DFT)
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with embedded firmware
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- Experience with Motor Control Systems
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.