Senior Mobile QA Engineer
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Senior Mobile QA Engineer
Are you passionate about delivering high quality products at a rapid pace? Do you love to work on small nimble teams that focus on writing amazing code to deliver great products with big impact that are loved by customers?
Who we are...
Hallmark Labs (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is the parent company of three digital subscription services; HallmarkMoviesNow.com (a subscription video on demand service) and HallmarkeCards.com (a digital social expression service), and Out of the Box (a Print on Demand digital greetings card service). We're leveraging Hallmark's experience creating meaningful, emotional connections, and rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
What we need...
We are looking for a seasoned Android Software QA Engineer that is driven, takes ownership and is solution oriented to be a key member of a stellar team working on a dynamic product line for the company.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production
- Work with other engineers in an agile environment to drive improvements in code quality via code reviews, white box, gray box, and black box testing (automated and manual)
- Collaborate across teams and departments in order to prevent, report, track, and resolve defects
- Participate in creating and clarifying User Stories, and in planning Sprints
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Create and maintain mobile automation test scripts
- Create and maintain mobile-specific test plans
Who we think would be a fit:
We are looking for someone who not only loves building high quality software, but is also passionate about getting stuff done. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- Are comfortable with speaking up for quality when under pressure to release
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you need to balance high quality with continuous delivery to the market
- Are a "rebel with a cause" who looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Believe quality not only involves the end user functionality and usability, but also performance, reliability, and security
- Consider yourself a software engineer focused on quality first and foremost
- Have a track record of projects completed on time - you excel at getting things done
- Are comfortable with testing Service-oriented architecture (SOA), microservices, and REST APIs, as well as functional, systems integration, and browser compatibility testing
- Can picture both the technical and business objectives and challenges when you read high level requirements
- Know various test frameworks like the back of your hand and choose which ones to use based on the project or objective at hand, not just because one is popular at the moment
- Enjoy heads down testing
- Have good communication skills, love collaborating, and are fun to work with
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Labs will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Employment by Hallmark Labs is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years of mobile automation scripting experience (not only record/playback)
- Bachelor's degree in technology
- 4+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years of experience coding in any programming or scripting language
- Experience with Android or iOS automation - must be able to write automation to run on mobile devices
- Experience with Appium or Calabash
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable working on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Comfortable testing software on mobile devices
- Familiarity with performance tuning applications with tools like JMeter or Apache Bench is a plus
- Familiarity with coding in the following languages is a plus (Java, Swift, Objective-C, Ruby, C#)
- Familiarity with tools like Charles Proxy or Fiddler is a plus
- Experience with Xamarin/Visual Studio is a plus
- Familiarity with device farm testing is a plus
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.