Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation such as agile development and deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job Description: Design, build, and test the physical structure and thermal cooling solutions for phased array products. Package RF assemblies. We are particularly interested in mechanical engineers that have experience in designing systems and testing systems to pass qualification testing. Examples of qualification testing we are particularly interested in are environmental (rain / moisture), shock, and vibration testing. The ideal candidate will have designed and taken a system through successful tests of various levels of shock, vibe, and environmental test.
- Implement thermal and cooling solutions for power amplifiers and digital electronics
- Define assumptions, loads, and boundary conditions (thermal and/or structural)
- Create FEA / CFD meshes / simulations for individual components, sub-assemblies and full systems
- Support in-lab and field validation of thermal and structural results
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experienced in CFD programs (Solidworks FlowSim, ANSYS, or related) and FEA programs (Solidworks Simulation, ANSYS, or related)
- Expert level comfort in hand calculations and theory
- 10+ years of relevant experience or at least 2 full product life cycles
- Previous experience with RF system or component mechanical design
- Comfortable with CAD design (Solidworks or related)
- US Citizen and/or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Able to drive designs from basic concept through manufacturing and test
- Experienced in various manufacturing techniques (traditional and additive)
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description