Senior Mechanical Engineer
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
The Vehicle Engineering team at bird is responsible for development of all vehicle components from concept to production. As a Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have mechanical design responsibility to help develop Bird scooters and provide engineering input and solutions to address issues with the current fleet and develop key brand differentiators.
What You'll Do
- Perform design engineering and release of vehicle components, develop load cases, and validation testing proposal.
- Develop design models and engineering drawings for new products and leverage team resources to complete vehicle design.
- FEA - develop load cases to model and to be used as test cases to correlate.
- Work cross functionally with Electrical Engineers, Validation Engineers, and Manufacturing to develop a cleanly integrated product.
What You'll Need
- Understanding of construction methods and tooling options as it relates to volume of productionSolid CAD skills (Solidworks or NX)
- Experience with product development from concept to validation and deployment.
- Product development with a focus on ease of manufacturing and cost optimization.
- History of making design decisions based on experience and FMEA understandings.
- Strong experience of design verification using FEA and motion studies.
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, and GB/T.
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of mechanical design experience
- Ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions.
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self-starting.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description