Senior Mechanical Engineer – R&D
What You'll Do
- Be the main Solidworks authority within the R&D department
- Provide design direction of vehicle components, load cases, and validation testing.
- Develop design models and engineering drawings for new products and leverage team resources to complete your designs.
- FEA - develop load cases to model and to be used as test cases to correlate.
- Independently organize and manage multiple design projects from concept to complete drawings for production.
What You'll Need
- Understanding of construction methods and tooling options as it relates to volume of production
- Some NX experience preferred
- Design verification using FEA and motion studies.
- Experience with product development from concept to validation and deployment.
- History of making design decisions based on experience and FMEA understandings.
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL, and GB/T.
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of mechanical design experience
- Ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions.
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self-starting.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.