Senior Manager, Software Engineering
The Foundational Services tribe creates many of the core capabilities which power Procore, and blends our customer-focused, direct engagement style of engineering with a strong vision of the future software environment we’d like to work in. Our engineers work across a wide set of technologies to make that future exist, from global infrastructure to front-end, mobile to machine learning. We support Procore’s largest datasets, highest volume interfaces, and most critical systems, and prioritize clean engineering and durability. We’re looking for a senior engineering manager to lead 2-3 squads within this tribe.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for building both people and product; mentoring, coaching, as well as overseeing robust technical execution. You’ll direct most of your time towards managing full-stack engineers on your teams, but will also need to provide input and guidance towards technical decision making across the tribe. This is a new role, with a chance to have a wide range of impact across engineering. With this in mind, you can expect to do the following:
- Manage and empower a group of 8-15 engineers
- Make trade-offs that balance business goals against choice of technology and design patterns
- Coordinate cross-team initiatives and balance priorities
- Aid in system architecture and design discussions when planning projects
- Help the team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in web development
- 5+ years technical management
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails - or passion for the technology
- Familiarity with infrastructure
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth
- You thrive in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.