Senior Manager, Engineering at ChowNow
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products.
- Get to know people - the Backend team as well as the rest of the Engineering organization, Product, and Design.
- Join team stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, and more in order to get familiar with the overall product and team processes.
- Take on a small coding task to familiarize yourself with the end to end development process.
- Spend deep dive time with the team to learn more about the core products and how they all fit together.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Through 1:1s and team sessions, start to understand your team members’ areas of strength and opportunity, in order to be able to provide career guidance and performance reviews.
- Understand how business goals and PCI compliance affect our internal processes.
- Understand the current hiring roadmap, squad assignments, and think about future team needs.
- Learn about the BE technology roadmap and collaborate with others on interweaving this with the product roadmap.
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering Leadership and Product peers.
- Review product requirements and design documents, perform code reviews and weigh in on implementation choices.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Collaborate on defining high-level technology roadmap addressing tech debt, product roadmap, and other needs.
- Provide on-going constructive feedback and guidance to your team members and as part of performance reviews.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent application of engineering practices.
- Lead evolution of software development process and practices supporting growth of the team and new product initiatives.
- Partner with the People & Culture Team on recruiting and mentoring your first hire.
- Establish team and individual OKRs and KPIs based upon company goals.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Develop career growth paths for all team members.
- Level up a member of your team.
- Craft, document, and communicate our Backend team growth strategy.
- Contribute to building engineering culture based on collaboration, inclusion, support, measuring and tracking results, and constant improvement.
- Engage in local and virtual engineering and start-up communities to contribute to building a strong ChowNow engineering brand.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 5 years of software engineering experience, including at least 3 years experience as a people manager.
- You have experience building an org structure including leads embedded into your team.
- You have experience scaling an engineering org and hiring high caliber talent.
- You have hands-on experience building scalable backend services.
- You have experience with the technologies in our stack, including Python and AWS.
- You have developed, launched and supported large scale B2B and B2C SaaS products.
- You have a passion for team building and a track record of recruiting, onboarding and fostering high-performing engineering teams.
- You know how to partner with Product, Design, QA and other Engineering Leaders to build compelling products in an Agile environment.
- You care about the quality of work your team produces.
- You can define metrics, instrument their measurement, and lead a team to hit them.
- You are a fan of rapid iteration and experimentation. You think about failures as a learning opportunity.
- You know how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of the people around you.
- You are a thoughtful mentor and leader who loves supporting your team and collaborating with others to achieve great things.
- You have a point of view but encourage and welcome critiques.
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others.
- You are passionate with a contagious energy, encouraging those around you to pursue their goals
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “best place to work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap