Senior Manager, Artist Audience Insights
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
Capitol Music Group is looking for an Artist Audience Insights manager. This role will design, conduct, and deliver standard and custom audience reports to key stakeholders throughout the company. Utilizing both internal and external tools, they will be accountable for deciphering what is important, meaningful data, and then communicating the story in a way that allows the business to make decisions based off these reports.
- Your role will be to take broad business questions, develop engaging briefs and translate them into a clearly structured approach.
- Monitor social media and industry landscape for current trends and opportunities
- Create templates for visualizing artist audiences and engagement and conduct data storytelling
- Review competitive landscape and provide readouts on industry/competitor trends
- Track engagement and other KPIs on all social channels, using data to inform ongoing strategy
- Compile reports and data to drive insights and strategy
- Track, measure, and analyze performance of social & advertising campaigns across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Drive projects from start to finish: define the data needed, conduct the analysis and come up with conclusive answers and specific strategic recommendations.
- Come up with new ways to look at data, creating new frameworks of data analysis and interpretation for the business. Innovate on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with the UMG Data & Analytics teams, ensuring you are up-to-date and involved with the data analysis initiatives developed across the business.
- Be the main point of contact with the global UMG insights team
- Basic music industry knowledge.
- Experience in analytics, preferably in database marketing
- Working knowledge of analytics and social monitoring tools (Crimson Hexagon, Google Analytics, Klout., Sprout, etc.)
- Data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Domo, Datorama, Google DataStudio)
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced data mining techniques
- Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms. Can translate numerical findings into recommendations.
- Ability to execute analytic tasks including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, forecasting, sentiment, etc. and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Proficient in MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, be friendly, patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelors degree, advanced degree preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.