Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Revenue Attribution (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
| Greater LA Area | Remote
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
System1 is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the Revenue Attribution team. The Revenue Attribution team works with all teams across the company to collect, maintain, and produce accurate revenue data that drives real-time business decisions by buyers and data science. This is a high impact role with opportunities to work on Research and Development.
Our bread and butter is Python and SQL. We utilize a range of technologies including AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, Secrets Manager, etc.), Redis, Apache Airflow, Docker, as well as PostgreSQL, Snowflake, and dbt for our data warehousing.
What You Can Expect on the Team
- You will work across teams to produce data pipelines and accurate datasets that drive >$1M spend/day.
- You will evaluate, recommend, and perform proof-of-concepts for new systems and algorithms.
- You will design and integrate successful prototypes into production, as well as productionize already existing systems.
- You will participate in peer code reviews and produce high quality documentation.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (eg. physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in Python
- 2+ years of experience working and reasoning with large SQL datasets
- Experience with Linux-like OS and a major cloud provider’s ecosystem (like AWS)
- An inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues
- 5+ years of data engineering using SQL and an object oriented programming language (Python is preferred)
- Experience with our standard data stack: Snowflake, dbt, airflow, Kafka
- Experience with AWS
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field (eg. physics or mathematics)
- Experience building regression(-like) models with systematic validation
- Experience designing and building low latency, highly available microservices across multiple cloud regions
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Generous PTO + 11 company holidays
- Open sick time
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
- 401k with match
- Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Paid professional development
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Virtual company and team building events
The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $164,500 - $268,200 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
System1 offers flexible work arrangements for most employees (unless they hold positions which are identified as having to be 100% onsite in Marina del Rey, CA, Bellevue, WA or Guelph, ON Canada). Most System1 full-time employees choose to work in a hybrid environment, splitting their time between working in our offices and working remotely. System1 allows fully-remote work in the following approved locations: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Prospective U.S. employees who live outside of any of these states will need to establish residency in one of the approved states prior to employment.