Senior iOS Engineer - Engagement
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We strive to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an iOS engineer on Engagement, you will be joining a team of cross-functional engineers who are excited to take on multifaceted challenges including aggregating billions of data events per day to better understand user behavior and build impactful client facing experiences.
As a Senior iOS Engineer on the Engagement team, you will:
Participate in the architecture and implementation of new user-facing features such as Swipe Surge, Badges and in-app messaging.
Build compelling in-app experiences that directly drive revenue such as push integration, user engagement campaigns etc.
Lead the core user experience on a global scale. Aggregating behavioral and stagnant data to cultivate unique user experiences across cultures through UI integration during on boarding, managing preferences etc.
Be a knowledge leader, contributing teaching and continuing to learn. We strive to learn as much we teach.
Be collaborating with the Senior Engineering Manager for the CRM team.
We're looking for:
- 4+ years of professional experience building native iOS applications
- Significant experience building applications in Swift
- Knowledge of architecture patterns, MVVM and protocol-oriented programming
- Knowledge of iOS memory management
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
- Experience developing location-based mobile applications with push notifications.
Bonus points if you have:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, but a wonderful project list trumps all
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); a background that lends itself to being resourceful is what matters
- Experience with building public APIs
- Experience with native iOS frameworks like URL Session, Core Data and Core Animation.
- Experience building mobile SDK’s
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Meaningful equity, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match
- Unlimited vacation and flexible hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events