Senior iOS Engineer - Build & Automation at Tinder
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As a member of the iOS Platform Team, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
As the Senior iOS Build & Automation Engineer, you will be working to improve the developer experience of the entire iOS team. You will play a critical role on the iOS Platform Team in helping us fulfill our mission to empower developers to create stable and performance features with efficiency.
As the Senior iOS Build & Automation Engineer on the Tinder iOS Platform Team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration, and verification of complex software systems, mobile platforms, and cloud-based services
- Profiling and optimizing testing execution
- Document and develop build/release tooling to support multiple software configurations
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, and testing of multiple software components
- Collaborate closely with our Release team and mobile engineers across the entire organization to develop and improve tools for Build/CI automation
- 5+ years of experience in software development with an in-depth knowledge of the iOS platform, dependency management, Xcode
- Familiarity with Xcode project configuration and the build process
- Professional experience building iOS applications in Swift
- Understanding of iOS release processes
- Significant experience with one or more dynamic/scripting languages (Swift, Ruby, Python, bash etc)
- Unit and automation testing experience
- CI Platform experience such as; Bitrise, Jenkins or CircleCI etc.
- Passion for iOS and it’s ecosystem
- Remains up to date with the latest in iOS technology and passionate about sharing that knowledge with others
- Ability and desire to collaborate with multifunctional teams across the organization to implement effective, solutions oriented improvements
- Experience with build tools such as Bazel or Buck
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- The highest user to engineer ratio in North America for a non-gaming mobile application
- Tremendous opportunity to tackle some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage and progressive reproductive benefits
- Competitive salary, 401(k) matching up to 10% and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches and dinners, an endless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.