Senior Integrations Engineer at NEXT Trucking
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
Senior Integrations Engineer, Enterprise Architect:
As a NEXT Senior Integrations Engineer, you will drive the successful completion of data integration projects that automate the flow of data between enterprise applications, both homegrown and 3rd party.
You will be primarily responsible for the solution design, delivery, and support of data integrations utilizing the Boomi integration platform. You will be expected to contribute to multiple implementations simultaneously. You will work directly with cross departmental teams to design solutions that address business needs, analyze and map data cross-systems, and implement specific business rule configurations.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize Dell Boomi to build reliable, repeatable, and scalable data integrations between NEXT business systems including Salesforce, Netsuite, Marketo, Ultipro, Planful, Google Big Query, and our custom built applications while providing visibility and transparency to both technical and non-technical cross functional team
- Identify ways technology solutions can be applied to support business strategies and improve business processes
- Partner with business units and Business Systems Points-of-contact to assist in requirements analysis, and ensure technical builds are aligned and implemented to meet business needs
- Analyze source systems and source system data to assess system constraints, data quality, and gaps. Work with technical and business representatives to determine strategies for handling gaps/anomalies that are identified.
- Migrate legacy integrations processes into a centralized platform for standardization, security & maintainability
- Define and implement best practices for integrations with standard enterprise systems
- Develop, present and deliver high impact demonstrations and prototypes of Boomi solutions for stakeholders
- Lead development efforts of new integrations including integrating with batch API endpoints and real-time webhooks
- Provide technical direction and support to offshore Boomi development resources
- Become a technical expert in the drayage space and develop a deep understanding of the NEXT Information Systems ecosystem
- 3 to 5 years of ETL development experience with any leading platforms such as Dell Boomi (preferred), Workato, Informatica, and SnapLogic
- Project management expertise with an eye for detail and organized thought process
- A good understanding of and experience with integration standards and transports including SFTP, Soap/Rest APIs, XML, and JSON
- A good understanding of database concepts and fluency in SQL
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Experience in creating architectural designs that start with business processes and end with data flow and data mapping
- A healthy obsession in designing for scale
- Gritty mentality with a focus on shipping
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment where decision making and swift execution command a high premium
- Minimum 5 years of software or systems engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years experience architecting, configuring, deploying, and supporting iPaaS based data flows
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry