Senior Infrastructure Engineer
At GoGuardian, we pride ourselves on bringing the very best talent to empower millions of student lives in the most impactful way. Our engineering team is built on principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration to meet business demands without sacrificing elements that make engineers unique.
With the rapidly growing requirements of our 4 million – and counting – users, we're in growth mode – that’s why we need you. GoGuardian is hiring a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work closely with cross functional teams to help us build and maintain systems known for their large scale, high performance, and rock-solid reliability. This is a very hands-on, dynamic opportunity that will require challenging system development and maintenance activities for GoGuardian’s cutting edge educational technology products. This role will involve architecting and deploying systems and processes that operate under scale, providing security and reliability while remaining cost-effective and developer-friendly.
- Extensive experience managing cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS services including VPC, EC2, and IAM.
- Experience with provisioning/infrastructure-as-code tools like Docker, Ansible, Packer, and Terraform.
- Mastery of Linux and the command line, including Bash/shell scripting and service management.
- History of driving best practices around security and reliability, including disaster recovery planning, security auditing, and access control management.
- Experience designing and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Travis, and Bazel.
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure architectures for networking, security, data storage, continuous integration, and service deployment.
- Collaborate within an agile, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, product, data analysts, UX designers, QA, and scrum master to solve customer problems effectively.
- Work with internal business stakeholders and external vendors and consultants to implement and maintain standards and best practices around security and compliance while optimizing cloud infrastructure usage and related costs.
- Provide expertise and leadership on making technical decisions, mentoring junior engineers, and delivering a platform that provides business value and meets end user goals.
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure, especially at a low level and managed using automated tools.
- Experience prioritizing and executing infrastructure initiatives across a diverse group of engineering and business stakeholders in a highly agile scrum based environment.
- Expertise with security analysis and implementation. Bonus for experience with security certifications, legal compliance, and data privacy.
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems, including cloud services and self-hosted implementations.
- Experience writing code, either for automation/infrastructure management or customer-facing products is a big plus.
- Team player, able to work with engineers at different levels of experience and working on different parts of the software stack. Great documentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills to build robust, efficient, and maintainable technical solutions at scale.
Read Full Job Description