Senior Golang Engineer at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:04 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 15, 2020
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds and maintains the core services of our platform, which serve as the backbone for our web, mobile, and internal applications.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to help design and implement new features across multiple backend applications. As a senior presence and a core individual contributor on a small team, you will play a key role in mapping the expanding needs of the business into innovative technical solutions within a highly scalable and event-driven architecture.
As a Senior Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Tackle projects and problems of significantly larger scope
- Formulate an efficient game plan for delivering a stable, well-tested feature on time
- Make technical decisions that improve the codebase while minimizing risk
- Identify and fix (or, ideally, avoid) bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and other team process
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Recent experience developing in Golang and preferably Ruby on Rails
- Strong background with distributed and event-driven computing architectures
- Comfortable with emerging technologies, and assessing technological risk within a high-traffic production environment
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
Benefits and Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description