Senior Golang Engineer
Greater LA Area
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds and maintains the core services of our platform, which serve as the backbone for our web, mobile, and internal applications.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to help design and implement new features across multiple backend applications. As a senior presence and a core individual contributor on a small team, you will play a key role in mapping the expanding needs of the business into innovative technical solutions within a highly scalable and event-driven architecture.
As a Senior Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Tackle projects and problems of significantly larger scope
- Formulate an efficient game plan for delivering a stable, well-tested feature on time
- Make technical decisions that improve the codebase while minimizing risk
- Identify and fix (or, ideally, avoid) bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and other team process
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Recent experience developing in Golang and preferably Ruby on Rails
- Strong background with distributed and event-driven computing architectures
- Comfortable with emerging technologies, and assessing technological risk within a high-traffic production environment
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
Benefits and Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Our brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through our innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description