Inspire’s Technology team is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing consumer technology team.
This team is responsible for building and delivering our customer applications that provides key functionality to our members for smart home automations and energy efficiency.
Working closely with a team of mobile and backend engineers, you will play a key role in planning, implementing, and maintaining new features within the full stack and drive decisions for architecture choices.
You will be an advocate, and a champion, for best practices across the organization, and will partner closely with product and design to build a world-class mobile smart home and energy management platform.
THE SENIOR FULL STACK ENGINEER HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Smart Home Application: Work within the Climate team to build and release customer experiences on iOS and Android apps for iOT and Energy Management
- Full Stack Development: Construct consistent APIs and services that enable new Climate features and bridge the gap between other core services when necessary
- Teamwork: Work with a tight-knit team of Product Management, Product Design, Mobile and Backend engineers to plan and implement new features for our smart thermostat and other connected devices as delivered to the customer.
- Process and Reliability: Deliver consistent and stable app releases (to Apple App Store and Google Play Store) and the underlying back-end-for-front-end services through quality architecture, automated testing, monitoring, and alerting.
SOME 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Learn the existing mobile and web architecture
- Ship customer centric smart automations features on Inspire’s mobile application
- Help develop a technical roadmap for the mobile architecture, and integrate it into the mobile work streams
- Establish rugged code review, pull-request, testing, and deployment processes
- Work in tandem with Product and Design organization to structure the future of the growing mobile and web organization
- Release frequency (time between releases)
- Release reliability (downtime, errors, bugs)
- Sprint velocity (streamline development and collaboration to deliver more results)
- App performance (load time, cache, user interactions)
- Takes Ownership: Feels deep ownership over tasks and systems, to ensure we build sustainable products
- Works Collaboratively: Works well cross-functionally with Product, Design, Marketing, Data Science, BD, and others to ensure alignment
- Is Deeply Empathetic: Puts the customer first, and makes design and engineering choices
- Shows Strong Leadership: Drives technology platform forward, and can mentor and level-up others on the team to build a world-class mobile organization
- Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education / experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years professional experience working with a backend technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Django, Go, Node
- Deep understanding of HTTP, REST, and API best practices
- 1+ years experience working with iOS and Android APIs
- Familiarity of Google Play and iOS App Store Connect release strategies
- Full-stack experience with mobile where you've implemented components end-to-end
- Nice to Have
- 1+ years experience working with React or React Native
- 1+ years native iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and/or Android (Java/Kotlin) experience, and deep understanding of mobile SDKs
- Understanding of Smart Home technologies, including but not limited to Google Home and Assistant, Apple HomeKit and SiriKit, Amazon Alexa integrations
- Extensive working knowledge of software architecture, data structures, algorithms, and best practices
- Deep familiarity of Google Play and iOS App Store Connect release strategies, and enterprise distribution technologies
- Passionate about technology and interested in solving tough problems
- Experience working in established engineering org (>50 engineers) and have participated in scaled a small team (from ~2 to ~10 engineers)
- Experience implementing state-of-the-art design systems, in collaboration with Product and Design