Senior Front-End Engineer at Retention Science
| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:31 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
*** Must be available to work with our distributed FE team based in Poland. Core engineering hours are 7am-3pm PT.
Retention Science is looking for an experienced front-end engineer who is passionate about writing clean, well-tested code. We’re looking for someone who wants to work collaboratively in coordination with PMs, front-end, and multiple backend teams, driving our newest application features into production and ensuring that our product is moving forward to the delight of our clients. You will be building out the robust UI/UX applications that schedule, optimize, and automate marketing campaigns powered by our data science and machine learning models. The tools you build will communicate across external and internal service APIs to help our clients visualize and interact with their data (millions of users and data points.)
You will be part of a distributed front-end team (with HQ in Santa Monica) responsible for our front-end applications. You will work closely and coordinate with teams across the stack - front-end, back-end, and across our micro-services and distributed systems. You should love working with and have a mastery of technologies across the JS ecosystem.
You will also receive comprehensive exposure to all aspects of our business, from the application of ML, to how we operate large-scale distributed systems, to how we market and sell our product. The code and ideas that you contribute will have a tangible impact on the cumulative work of the team as a whole. You thrive in a small, dynamic team environment and want to make an impact in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Some of our front-end technology includes: React, Lerna, Redux Saga, Typescript, Jest / Cypress
- 5+ years experience with front-end development
- Strong history of cross-team (front-end/back-end/PM/design/QA) collaboration to deliver products
- Experience designing and implementing large, scalable web applications
- Experience building and deploying micro-front-ends
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Know when and where to optimize and cache
- Experience working with a remote / distributed team
- Must be available to work our core engineering hours 7am-3pm Pacific Time
- Engineer front-end applications to support platform features
- Work with PMs and designers to implement UI/UX features from mock-ups
- Confer with multiple teams to assess project scope and determine requirements and timelines
- Coordinate with back-end developers to design and ensure smooth integration of APIs
- Implement and maintain front-end infrastructure
- Maintain build and deployment (CI) pipeline for front-end projects
- Identify scaling issues and improve the scalability of data processing platform to meet growth needs
- Troubleshoot and correct existing software errors
- Design and develop automated testing processes
- Ensure adequate documentation for your design and implementation
ReSci's mission is to make artificial intelligence accessible and usable for brands.
- Inspire with passion.
- Persevere with determination.
- Collaborate with unity.
- Grow without bounds.
- Create with impact.
- Lead with character.
Based out of Santa Monica, CA, our team consists of serial entrepreneurs who have all made Retention Science a leader in AI marketing. Our SaaS platform, “Cortex” helps online businesses target, engage, and retain customers. The Cortex marketing platform uses machine-learning algorithms to predict customer behavior by analyzing massive sets of demographic, social, and behavioral data to generate 1-to-1 retention campaigns personalized to each customer. Cortex makes 3.5+ billion predictions per day and processes 5k+ events per second.
Our founders have been recognized as the Ernst & Young Entrepreneurs of the Year, and our company was awarded Top 10 Big Data Startup of the Year by CRN, one of Fast Company's Innovation Agents, Top 10 Software Company in Southern California from SocalTech, and identified by Inc. Magazine as one of the most innovative startups. Retention Science has also been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, and Reuters, among other notable publications. In addition, the most prestigious startup accelerator in LA (part of the TechStar Network), as well as many reputable angel investors and Venture Capital firms have provided their support and backing for our business.
We're passionate about what we do and we put our people first! We are a close-knit family whose members drink too much coffee, work hard, and never cease to brainstorm creative new ways to improve our solutions. We foster a dynamic and exciting start-up environment that is conducive for innovative thought; join us if you are interested in working with our world-class team!
Read Full Job Description