Senior Front End Engineer
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Senior Front End Developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Senior Front End Developer develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions that are scalable for a high transaction environment (web, mobile, tablet, etc). Reporting to the Team Leader-Software Development, the duties and responsibilities of the Senior Front End Developer include, but aren’t limited to:
- Develop solutions within the functional specifications while maintaining high standards of software quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and research Software Development trends as it relates to our business and future platforms.
- Partner with our Product Owners and Development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Work with teammates in the migration of existing legacy code to current technologies and standards.
- Develop, refine and tune systems.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- Consistently provide accurate estimates without reducing quality
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects forward with little to no supervision
- Provides support to less experienced team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert with graphic development software (Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of software development throughout the entire lifecycle
- Working knowledge of source control and release management best practices
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience designing for desktop & mobile platforms using responsive design
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- C# - Must be able read and comprehend back end code and occasionally commit changes
- Understanding of at least one component in our continuous delivery model, such as automated build, task runners, automated testing or automated deployments.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of Five(5) to Eight (8) years of experience in Software Development Field
- A portfolio demonstrating first-hand development experience with complex applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science required