Senior Front End Engineer at JOANY
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:46 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Our mission at JOANY is to make buying and using health insurance simple and transparent. Using data, machine learning + humans, we are personalizing healthcare for the consumer. Using our web platform anyone can buy the best health insurance for their specific needs within minutes.
Interested in the gig? Here's what you'll do:
- Build features for JOANY and internal apps (We use React and Redux)
- Write modular and reusable CSS that can be framed
- Test and optimize models, frameworks, and services that power frontend applications
- Work with React and helping build and improve our browser extension and website
- Collaborate with Design and UX to create and iterate on customer-facing tools
- Manage deliverables against deadlines and milestones with the engineering and product teams
- Effectively document and communicate results to the broader engineering team
- Bring your unique point of view to code reviews
- Stay up to date on the latest of front end engineering
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of front end development experience with CSS and JS
- Proficiency with one of the big JS frameworks such as: Backbone, Angular 1 or 2, React, Vue, etc.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Familiarity with working with a styleguide
- Flexible mindset to pitch in and do what’s needed to drive success
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
We are a data-driven company with the desire to change the status quo of health care. Together with a relentless focus on customer service, we aim to make health care transparent and easier to navigate. Be a part of something larger than ourselves by helping millions of people across the U.S. get health insurance they can actually use.
As an early-stage employee, you will be uniquely positioned to learn extensively while solving complex problems that are impactful to our customers and critical to our company’s success. Work with a team that values respect and emphasizes growth through mentorship rather than management. This is a great opportunity to leverage your skills to have a huge impact on the world. Your creative and technical expertise will directly help consumers across the U.S. get the care that they deserve.
JOANY is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description