TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
TeleSign is seeking a Senior UI Engineer to join our team. As a UI Engineer, you will have a part in developing all of TeleSign's internal and customer-facing web properties. We work primarily in ReactJS and Angular, with Python on the backend and are looking for an engineer who is excited about developing from the UI down to the database.
- Ownership of the entire development lifecycle of our websites and services, including: Design, Estimation, Implementation, Review, Testing Automation, and Documentation
- Communication with business to gather requirements and set delivery schedules
- Collaboration with UI/UX designers to bring excellent customer experiences to life
- Collaboration with Operations to ensure safety and stability of our platform
- Collaboration with full-stack team to refactor systems into efficient and reusable microservices
- Mentorship of junior developers
Essential Soft Skills
- Empathy and compassion for our users and our team
- Passion for application security and user data protection
- Desire to seek out opportunities to improve process and create positive change
- Strong organizational skills and a desire to document research
Essential Technical Skills
- Hands-on front end software engineering experience
- Experience with React, Angular, or similar
- Deep knowledge of “OWASP Top 10” Web Application Security Risks
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience writing SQL stored procedures
- Experience programming in Python, Django, and Django REST API
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM
- Familiarity with common software tools, such as Git and Jenkins
- Familiarity with the GDPR
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.